[moneytalks] Re: Beta: Recurring transactions not honoring "insert credits before debits" checkbox

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:51:56 -0400

Steve:

I think we disagree about what Credits Before Debits should do. I
simulated your situation with the following steps:

1. Created an account with 4 transactions consisting of 1 credit and 3
debits all dated 10/04/06.

2. Added a credit transaction dated 09/04/06 and set it to recur
monthly.

3. Posted recurring transactions through 10/04/06.

The new transaction was not at the top of the 10/04/06 transactions,
but it did, in fact, preceed all debits on that date. That is the
function of the Credits Before Debits feature. We don't put it at the
top because we believe people want to see transactions in the order they
were entered.

If you are having a different experience, let me know. Also, if your
transaction posted back on 10/02/06, and Credits Before Debits was
unchecked at that time, the transaction should be after the debits on
that date. The checkbox only applies to transactions entered in the
future.

Rob Meredith

>>> steveziel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/03/06 05:27AM >>>
I have a credit recurring transaction set for every 14 days. It
auto-posted
on October 2. Previous to this date, I had entered five transactions, 1

credit and 4 debits, all dated October 2. When the 14-day credit
auto-posted
on October 2, rather than being placed right at the top of the list of
what
are now six transactions, it was placed in the middle of them. I had to
use
the swap command to move the credit up to the top of the October 2
transactions.

I am running MT with the checkbox, "insert credits before debits",
checked,
under Options, settings. Can MT be programmed to honor this checkbox
setting
even with recurring transactions? Right now, it isn't.

TIA

Steve