[molions] Fw: LCIF is the Cornerstone of Service

  • From: "J.Y. Miller" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "j.y.miller" for DMARC)
  • To: Molions <molions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 14:47:59 +0000 (UTC)

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px
#715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white
!important; }

----------------------WWW----------------->
j.y.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                           J. Y. Miller

Begin forwarded message:

On Sunday, January 10, 2016, 8:47 AM, LCIF Chairperson
<chairperson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

View our online version or mobile version here.

| |
| Dear Lions,   In 1928, Gandhi laid the cornerstone of a school for
blind, deaf and disabled students in Ahmedabad. That original building is still
in use today. A year and a half ago, I laid the cornerstone for a new building
at that school. During my latest trip to India, I was lucky enough to stand
beside International President Yamada as he officially opened the new building.
  As clubs, districts and multiple districts come together during this LCIF
Week, remember that LCIF is the cornerstone of service. Service looks different
all around the world. In your area, it might be vision screenings or
vaccinations. Whatever service looks like in your community, know that LCIF is
there to support you while you bring hope and comfort to those around you.
I also want to remind you that your donations to LCIF help make it possible
for Lions to meet the growing needs of people around the world. Thank you for
your generous support of LCIF.   LCIF has laid the cornerstone, and you
Lions are building upon it every day!   Together in Service,   Joe
Preston
Chairperson, Lions Clubs International Foundation |
| Celebrating LCIF
LCIF Week is an annual event that gives clubs and districts an opportunity to
publicize our Foundation. This is an excellent opportunity to discuss how LCIF
supports the efforts of Lions both locally and globally. LCIF has resources to
help you promote the Foundation and promote your club so your community can see
the life-changing work your club, your district and your Foundation are doing
every day. There is even an LCIF song! |
| New Opportunities for Disaster Relief The LCIF Disaster Relief grant
program provides financial support to Lions and their partners engaged in
natural disaster preparedness, response and recovery efforts. Disaster
Preparedness grants offer US$5,000 to US$10,000 to districts interested in
partnering with local authorities and other community organizations to plan and
prepare for future disaster relief efforts. Community Recovery grants provide
up to US$20,000 for short-term clean-up and repair efforts in situations where
other organizations have already addressed immediate needs. |
| |
| Lions Clubs International & LCIF | 300 W. 22nd St. | Oak Brook, IL | 60523
| USA
Click here to unsubscribe and/or manage your subscriptions |