[molions] 15 days till LIONS Mid-Winter Forum 2014

  • From: "Eugene C. Taylor" <LionPinkFloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "MOLIONS" <molions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 18:56:14 -0600

Still trying to keep you informed, get you excited, motivate you and maybe even
decrease your temptation to procrastinate (you might want to reference my
previous notes). The closer we get to the LIONS Mid-Winter Forum 2014 the more
excited I get. At first I wasn’t going to send out another note but then I
thought, heck there are literally hundreds of LIONS who are eligible to attend
and yet we don’t have hundreds registered to attend so maybe I could help those
who haven’t, or help those who are trying to inform those who haven’t, to make
a difference.  That brought me to the word different. I  believe it was Albert
Einstein who stated that doing the same thing expecting different results was a
definition of insanity. I want you to be sure to know, I’m not insane and I
don’t believe you are either. So let’s try something different.

Full Definition of DIFFERENT

1

: partly or totally  <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unlike%5b1%5d>
unlike in nature, form, or quality :
<http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dissimilar> dissimilar <could hardly
be more different> —often followed by from, than, or chiefly British to <small,
neat hand, very different from the captain's tottery characters — R. L.
Stevenson> <vastly different in size than it was twenty-five years ago — N. M.
Pusey> <a very different situation to the … one under which we live — Sir
Winston Churchill>

2

: not the same: as

a:  <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/distinct> distinct <different
age groups>

b:  <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/various> various <different
members of the class>

c:  <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/another> another <switched to a
different TV program>

3

:  <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unusual> unusual,
<http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/special> special <she was different
and superior>

— dif·fer·ent·nessnoun

Wholly COW did that turn out to be a mouthful. What I really saw though was
exactly what we are doing with the LIONS Mid-Winter Forum 2014 and how you
might get in on this difference. We have a format that’s different, we’re at a
different venue, we’ve got a different kind of entertainment and we’ve got
plenty of room for you. That having room might be different too, if you’ve
never attended or if it’s been a while since you have. You’ll also get the
opportunity to speak with, and share stories with, other LIONS about how we do
what we do. Maybe we’ll find some different ideas that we can share with our
home clubs and maybe make things different. I know our presenters and
entertainers are planning on making a difference. So come on out and get in on
it.

Always excited to be a LION, Always wanting to make a difference, maybe even a
dent,

Eugene

PDG Lion Eugene

Eugene C. Taylor

15 Goode Dr, Fenton MO 63026

(Cell) 314-660-1337

(Home) 636-717-0626

 <mailto:Lionpinkfloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Lionpinkfloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach

Learner | Arranger | Positivity | Communication | Individualization