[modeleng] Re: [modeleng] Re: [modeleng] Re: [modeleng] Re: [modeleng] RE: [modeleng] 3½ versus 5

  • From: David Everett <deverett2003@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 21:44:21 +0100 (BST)

Jem

Although I am an advocate of larger gauges, Maisie was my first loco.

I decided on that design before joining the local society because of the
original words and music
that I managed to get hold of, even though it was out of print at the time and
also because there
was a full size version up at York, albeit in those days not on public view and
I had to get
special permission to go across the road and photograph it.

Fun started when trying to make some of the scale fittings fit LBSC's drawings.
 You will have
that problem with any of his locos if you want to get anywhere near 'true'
scale.  The basic
designs of LBSC will work even if left as is - that's the beauty of them.

It was, as Alan said, a good workhorse and relatively easy for a novice to make
up.

Regards

Dave
Saudi-Arabia-On-Sea