[modeleng] Re: identity????

  • From: john.burridge@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 06:21:14 +0200 (CEST)

Alan Hi,
I went to look at a lathe two years ago in a workshop in the Hockley part of
Birmingham, when i went in the whole of the workshop was like walking back to
the twenties or before,the lot of machine tools were overhead belt driven which
included Lathe,Mill,Drill,grinder,and a couple of drop presses all driven from
the end of the workshop by a large electric motor the current owner who wanted
to sell the lot said that his father and uncle had owned the bisiness for sixty
years which did stampings and badges for the Jewelry industry in and around
Birmingham.
There was a line of about fifteen flypresses and lots of very well made tooling
finished to a very high standard all he wanted to do was to get rid of it so he
could  convert the shop in to flats(what a waste)He had tried many museums but
none of them were interested.
As for the model some where i have an old catalogue of my father with a simalar
model with line shafting.
yours for now
John Burridge   Holidaying in Australia