[modeleng] Ugliest Driving Truck Competition

  • From: "Shep" <shep.28@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Modeleng" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 11:42:09 +0100

Hello everyone
This notice has just appeared on www.homeworkshop.org.uk  (That splendid free
site which helps us buy and sell equipment).

Any of you have a entry for this competition?

I wish you all a blessed and very happy Easter.

Cheers!   Hubert.

Posted on 9th April

Information
Models
We are looking for entries the recently launched STEAMPLATES 'Ugliest Driving
Truck in the World' competition. Our quest is to find the most replulsive
wheely-bin/afterthought contraption that ever got dragged around a track behind
some miracle of Model Engineering. Winning this competition will be the
complete antethesis to a Gold Cup award in an M.E. exhibition. It's a bit like
reality T.V. where the audience claps for the most painful rendition of some
classic song, although a lot funnier and more entertaining.... If you have an
example of driving truck horror skulking in some dark corner of your workshop
then please send us your entry (no purchase necessary) or even better, if you
have a friend with a DT that has never come close to winning a prize with it,
see if you can sneak a picture, then send it to us as an entry. The more(the
uglier)the merrier. Extra points for Driver discomfort. Steamplates employees
are not eligible for entry, which is fine, as we don't have any.

Steve Sparrow
info[ at ] steamplates.co.uk
NO phone entries
Worcester