[modeleng] Stolen models

  • From: "Alan Stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 14:07:39 +0100

Just saw this on one of the message boards.
Worth keeping your eyes open, particularly  if buying something.
Alan

Received from Maxitrak Models 18 May:
Unfortunately we were broken in to on the 17th May and the entire range of
showroom models in 1 inch were Stolen as well as a 5 inch loco, in the list
were, 1 inch Burrell AGR, 1 inch Burrell Showman's, 1 Inch Fowler ploughing
engine, 1 inch Super Sentinel, 1 inch Atkinson Standard, 5 inch Alice and a
very rare "one off" prototype Case 1 inch tractor. We would appreciate it if
you would let us know if you see any of these models or have any information
that lead to these models being returned.

Here is the gallery of pictures of all the stolen models
http://www.maxitrak.co.uk/stock/inde...GEwYWVkODQ0ZDg

The two models that stand out from the crowd are the 5" Alice as it was
rummaged in the robbery and the 1" Case, as this was a prototype and as so a
one off.

Alice had both safety valves snapped off and is missing, tank filler cap,
front and rear foot plates.

Case, one off, only gas fired 1" Case to this design, featured in our
running clips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt_2n...el_video_title

None of the models had boiler certificates or instructions.

Any information please contact us or Kent Police.

Alex Probyn, Maxitrak 01580 893030