[modeleng] Re: Singing Injectors

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:05:04 -0600

Pendragon,

I know very little about injectors so I will check out the various tests on
the injector at the MSLS meet next month.  I have no plans to operate the
boiler until then.  I will post my results/tests etc when I return, but
right now we are getting ready to leave in a few days for Kansas City to do
a write-up on a Missouri River Side Wheel Packet boat that hit a snag and
sunk in 1856.  I will concentrate on the beam engine and boilers, but will
also go through the museum to look at the recovered cargo of hundreds of
items that were on their way to the frontier settlers.  All was preserved 45
feet beneath a corn field in Kansas when the river shifted about 1-1/2 miles
away.  Should prove to be an interesting trip as  I plan on taking photos of
the machinery for a magazine article that maybe will pay the cost of making
the trip. (A full day's travel at 60 mph on the Interstate highways from
Troy, TN)

Jesse