[modeleng] Scroll saw & lathe

  • From: JEM HARRISON <jemharrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:05:08 +0100 (BST)

Fellow swarfmakers,

  I am looking for good homes for two small machines, on behalf of a friend of
mine who recently departed for the marshalling yard in the sky.

  One is a Nu-Tools Performance Power Products SS16-4 405mm Scroll Saw,
complete with its instruction manual.  Looking at it, I reckon that it has had
very little use.

  The other is a small lathe, in what appears to me to be a very nice
condition.  I have only managed a cursory look at this machine.  It is not an
imported machine.  There is no name on it, which suggest to me that it is 'home
made', or rather made at a technical college with all its facilities.  It has a
single dove-tailed slideway for the bed, and there is a gap which permits a
swing of about 9cm (sorry about that chaps, but the only rule on the bench at
the time was a metric only one).  There are three chucks, plus a tail-stock
chuck.  The machine is light enough to be lifted onto the kitchen-table, but
there is a comforting solidity to it that I do not associate with micro-lathes.
 There is a 4-way tool post that is bigger than the one on my Myford ML10.  It
does require an electric motor to power it.  Sometime during the next week or
so, I should have the opportunity to measure this lathe, to give you a better
idea of its size and capacity.

  Both machines are in Essex.  I have guestimates in my mind as to the asking
prices, but what is more important is that they should go to someone who would
appreciate and have a use for them.

  Best wishes,

  Jem
  Basildon