[modeleng] Re: Pictures from Oz - Galston Valley Live Steamers

  • From: "Terry Lane" <tel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:52:35 +1100

Yep, we had a ball

> Thanks Peter, the pix are great. Looks like you and TEL had a great day.
> Nice railroad those fellas have there, and some beautiful engines too.

The big sprockets worked out fine - again many thanks to you & Lee, but they
ain't in service yet, he's put the canal (nearly wrote carnal) project on
hold while we sort out the incredibly complicated fiddleyard. 'course, with
me working away these last few weeks, even that has slowed right down.

> TEL - while I'm thinking of it - how's it going with the big sprockets?

Scrap? As I sdaid to someone - Some Completely Random Arbitary Pieces.

> I was in the shop for a while today working on the front roll support
(fork)
> fabrication for the steam roller. A damn frustrating afternoon though,
> drilled a couple holes that went astray and caused some scrap. Oh well,
> start again on those pieces. All part of the game.

Decorating? Should'a done like me & left 'em up from last year. (only
kiddin' - we took 'em down for Easter)