[modeleng] Re: Peckett Steam Locomotive 1530

  • From: "alan stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 00:49:13 -0000

I dont think the price is too bad, but sadly it wouldnt fit in my car !

I am surprised, and pleased, to see the Helston Rlwy coming back to life.
I can just remember it, as I had relatives at Helston and used to stay tere,
back in the 1950's.

Good luck with the chainsaw work.

Alan

preservation can look at our Web site at www.helstonrailway.co.uk
So far we have cleared about half a mile of track bed and I have gone from
never having touched a Chainsaw in my life to now having two of them and got
quite good at felling trees.
At the moment we need track and are having a problem sourcing any. The
present day blame and claim syndrome is rearing it's head. It seems that
Network Rail will not let us have any second hand rail in case at a later
date we have a railway accident and they get blamed for selling faulty
track.
So if any body knows of a supply of cheap track can they please let me know

Regards
Clif