[modeleng] Re: New steamer from Eugene, Oregon

  • From: stepney <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 19:47:10 +0000

Gosh, "producer gas". Havent heard that term since I was at college.
The steam engine is fairly basic and has relatively low efficiency.

However, the steam can be made in many ways, the engines are reliable
and long-lived (some ran for 100+ years) mainy due to their simplicity.

Turbines have to be made to finer limits, and hence, wear is more
critical and will degrade perfomance far more than on a conventional engine.

Ask questions and I am sure some here will have some answers.

Alan