[modeleng] Re: Clocks

  • From: "Brian Merrifield" <b.merrifield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 22:10:15 -0000

Hi Phill

I have been playing with clocks for a little while and have managed to build
a couple of clocks.  It is probably unwise for me to boast about the clocks
I have built as neither of them are working at them moment!  One is a John
Wilding 30 hour alarm clock and the other has a gravity escapement and
although it runs (sometimes) refuses to tell me the correct time.

I have not had any experience of a grasshopper escapement but I do have a
couple of books on escapements so could have look through these to see if I
can come up with any suggestions.

Brian