[modeleng] Re: British Steam Car in Successsful Tests

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 09:33:40 -0600

Better watch that bloke when he attempts the speed record.  I saw a
motorcycle trying to break the 200 mph speed record by using Nitrous oxide
boost.  He was doing great till he turned on the Nitrous at 152mph and then
he flipped all over the track.  Wasn't killed, but probably wishes he was!
Lets make sure the steam car ain't got some sort of rocket booster hidden
under that nice sleek skin somewhere!!  Aw, just kidding about the rocket
engine and hoping he does as great as he hopes and survives.  Let's show
what steam can do!

Propane fired!  Now I don't feel so bad because I use propane in my
locomotives instead of coal..

Oh, the motorcycle incident was blamed on a soft surface on the lake bed
which was not the Bonneville salt flats.

Jesse the summat crazed machinist in Troy, TN USA

Subject: [modeleng] British Steam Car in Successsful Tests

> Hello everyone
>
> Have a look at
> www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/3690952/British-Steam-Car-in-successful-tests.html
> and view an interesting illustrated article about the tests of a new steam
> car designed to reach 170mph, and thus break numerous records, including
> that of Mallard.
>
> Cheers!   Hubert

6:59 PM