[modeleng] Briggs and Stratton

  • From: Patrick Coppens- Marian Lynch <sb286643@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:08:41 +0100

Hello everybody,

I am the proud owner, since today of a Briggs and stratton; 5HP ,205 cc
,3600 rpm
4 stroke engine.
This came from a discarded lawnmower.
I looks ok, if not very dirty and ill-loved, but it will not work, (yet).
The idea is, that it will drive a 380 V,triphase generator, for my workshop.
I have already seen to the ignition, and it gives a nice clean and
powerfull spark.
Now, I have started to take the carburator apart, as it as very dirty.
It seems to have and "auto-chocke release" system.
Please tell me there is a friendly and patient Model engineer on this
list that has both experience end knowledge of these type of engines....

Patrick
Flanders