[modeleng] Re: Anybody out there?

  • From: "Peter Sheppard" <peter.sheppard@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:05:39 -0000

Hello Jeff,

No, I've been very busy at work recently.  I'm changing jobs at Christmas
and my current employer wants his pound of flesh.  As I was going to a rival
company I was hoping for some gardening leave, but no chance there.

In the last few weeks I have bought

- 2 puppies Hetty and Toby - who can see the railway connection!  (no ME
content, but great fun - see www.whissgig.co.uk)
- a 7.25" part built Hudswell Clarke mining locomotive (powered by a Stuart
Turner P5 two stroke 5HP petrol engine)
- an Austin A40 Farina (collecting in a weeks time)
- a second P5 (to use as spares) but it is mounted as per a "exhibition"
engine, so I can't bear to use it as spares, so I am trying to get it
running.

At the same time -

We have just sold our Land Rover Discovery (not enough room for dogs) and
bought a Land Rover Defender 110 County Station Wagon (lots of room for
dogs).  So I need to get the 110 up to scratch! (Roof rack, spot lights,
diesel heater, vegetable oil conversion etc. etc.)

I need to make up two sets of points for the Lackham Museum and Woodland
Railway to install a reverse crossover at the approach end of the station to
give me two platform working.

I am dismantling a 32' x 12' chicken shed that will become my carriage shed
at Lackham.  The students are building the foundations and doing the
blockwork, I need to dismantle and move.  There are three bays of roof
joints, each side has 3 sets of 3 (very) rusty coach bolts, that's 54 rusty
bolts to remove - the only way is by cutting!

Oh and I occasionally eat and sleep as well !!

Cheers

Peter