[modeleng] Alloy boiler

  • From: "Lee Grant" <leegrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 18:12:51 +1000

AALS Convention there are 2 small photos off a boiler with the caption "Les
Irwin's Duplex 2205 alloy boiler the prototype for the new AMBSC Boiler Code
Part 4 available shortly" There is a short mention in the report that said it
has been approved.
 I have never heard of anybody building an alloy boiler before. I would imagine
they would be easier to build but surely they would need a steel liner in the
fire box. I'm intrigued can't wait to see the new code.
Lee