[modeleng] 5C collet users

  • From: "Shep" <shep.28@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Modeleng" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 14:24:50 -0000

Hello everyone
During last week, I needed to transfer a little 3-jaw chuck from my small lathe
now under construction, to my Hardinge lathe.    I discovered that Arc Euro
Trade sell a series of 5C blank-end arbours at a modest cost.     I bought the
smallest of these and turned a replica of the mandrel nose of  my little lathe
onto the 5C blank end.     This now enables me to move the three-jaw chuck, the
four-jaw chuck, the faceplate and the ER 25 collet chuck from my little lathe
to the Hardinge and to the 5C collet Vertical & Horizontal fixture on the
milling machine.   Most convenient!

Cheers!   Hubert