Re: [MoAccess] Data lists for the xs

  • From: "Bryan Smart" <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 09:41:47 -0400

The data lists are part of the technical specification for the Motif.
They list things like:

All of the SysEx commands that the Motif can send and receive. Some
people use these commands to build editor programs that run on the
computer. I use the SysEx commands to make remote control macros in
Sonar for doing stuff like transfering the current Motif mixing setup
into my Sonar project.

All of the data that is already stored on the Motif is listed. This
includes all of the voices, all of the effects, the presets for the
effects, all of the parameters for the effects (and their controller
numbers for automation), the mixing templates, the arps (I think), and
other info. You can use this to find out the order that certain types of
information appear on the Motif. For example, when you're scrolling
through reverb presets, they'll appear on the Motif in the same order
that they appear in the data lists.

Quick reference material is in there. The possibilities for the various
knob assignments, the list of supported MIDI CC messages that the Motif
understands, the list of control assignments when the Motif is in
control surface mode, etc.

This is basically every piece of technical info about the Motif that
Yamaha feels like providing. However, its not explained in every day
language. Its written up for programmers and technical types. There is
so much info there that it would just take way to long to explain it in
simple terms, so they just throw it all into the data lists.

Bryan