[misug] September 23 Michigan SAS Users Group meeting

  • From: "Nancy B" <brucken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <misug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 02:06:03 -0400

The next Michigan SAS Users Group meeting will be held on Thursday, September 23. Here are the details.

Time: 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM (Note time change!)

Place: Room 6050, ISR
University of Michigan
426 Thompson
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1248
(see http://uuis.umich.edu/cic/map/central/index.cfm?region=A5 for a campus map and parking information)

Cost: Free!

Agenda:

Book Review of A Step-by-Step Approach to Using SAS for Factor Analysis and Structural Equation Modeling by Larry Hatcher - Barry DeCicco, University of Michigan

Estimation of Adherence to Antipsychotic and Diabetic Medications in a Sample of Schizophrenia Patients - Venky Chakravarthy, BioPharma Data Services

Survival Analysis: Overview of Parametric, Nonparametric and Semiparametric Approaches with SAS Software - Joseph Gardiner, Michigan State University

Eliminating Redundant Custom Formats (or How to Really Take Advantage of PROC SQL, PROC CATALOG, and the DATA Step - Phil Wright, University of Michigan

If you are interested in speaking at a future MSUG meeting, please contact us at info@xxxxxxxxxx We also welcome reviews of SAS Press books- please see the new Book Review Process on our website (http://www.misug.org).

Don't miss MWSUG 2010 from October 10-12 in Milwaukee! Go to www.mwsug.org/mil2010 for more details on the conference and presenters. The early registration deadline has been extended through September 14!

Thanks to all who made this year's MSUG 1-Day SAS Conference a success! We are planning another one for next year, on Thursday, May 19, 2011 at Schoolcraft College in Livonia. Tentative speakers include Art Carpenter and Kathleen Welch, and Art will conduct several days of training classes both before and after the conference. Make plans to join us!