[missbirdphotos] today's JAS trip - epic photo fail

  • From: Frank Hensley <dr_frank_hensley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 16:50:53 -0800 (PST)

I attempted to join the Jackson Audubon Society field trip today, but I missed
the rendezvous and spent a couple hours photographing alone before I crossed
their path and joined them.  I took about 400 photos today and they were almost
all trash. I usually keep about 5-10% of my bird shots but today I really got
nothing. Almost everything was slightly out of focus, whether I was using
autofocus or manual.  Really frustrating.  What made it a good day for me was
the 3 reptiles: I saw my first MS alligator (I hadn't seen a wild gator in many
a year). Also got my first 5-lined skink of the year, and caught a Mud Snake
(only my second ever).

If you'd like to see the mud snake, here's the online album: (Don't waste your
time if you're looking for bird photos.)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150616124901395.386789.751216394&type=1&l=d3f9f8d9cd

-Frank