[missbirdphotos] Reminder

  • From: "Dance, Gayla" <dancegf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 11:24:43 -0600

I had forgotten we need to get a permit.

MARCH 10, 2012 Saturday, 7:45 AM to Noon Jackson Audubon Society Early Spring
Field Trip VISIT GREAT BLUE HERON/GREAT EGRET/ANHINGA ROOKERY.

LOOK FOR DUCKS, BALD EAGLES, WINTER BIRDS, POTENTIAL EARLY MIGRANTS!

Turcotte Lab, Pearl River Wildlife Refuge and Lake Harbor Road.

Meet at Turcotte Lab Observation Tower to carpool.

Led by Jackson Audubon Society expert birder, Pullen Watkins.

For more information, call 601-956-7444.

There is no charge for the birdwalk, but you must have an annual WMA User
Permit to enter the refuge, available at the MS Depart of Wildlife, Fisheries
and Parks or any sporting goods store or Walmart that sells hunting/fishing
licences. WMA permits can be purchased Online from MS Depart of Wildlife,
Fisheries and Parks. This permit must be on your person at all times while in
the refuge.

Cost for permits:  $15 for MS resident annual permit; $5 for Individual one-day
user; $10 for Family one day vehicle permit.

Person over 65 years of age and under the age of 16 are exempt from getting a
WMA User Permit.