[missbirdphotos] Re: Photoshop Elements

  • From: "Judy Howle" <howle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 01:02:46 -0500

It’s platform specific so the answer is no.

Photoshop CS6 beta just out today, if  you want to take it for a spin and edit
a bunch of photos before it expires.

labs.adobe.com/technologies/photoshopcs6/  Some videos listed showcase new
features.  The content aware move tool looks great!  Also the filter to correct
wide angle distortion is cool, plus all the new sliders and features in the Raw
converter 7 which is the same for the most part as the one in Lightroom 4.

Free training videos on it:
www.lynda.com/Photoshop-tutorials/Photoshop-CS6-Beta-Preview/97406-2.html

Judy Howle

Southern Exposures

http://southernexposure.zenfolio.com

Digital Photography Class; Resources for Photographers

http://digitalphotographyclass.net

Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 20:02:43 -0500
Subject: [missbirdphotos] Photoshop Elements
From: danaswan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This post is for those of you who do not own Photoshop Elements ("PSE") version
9 or 10. One of the features introduced in version 9 was the Spot Healing
Brush-Content Aware feature. If you are leaning toward Photoshop Elements, this
feature alone may convince you. It is a feature that allows you to "touch up"
or "touch out" parts of your photos and the only skills required are knowing
how to click a mouse. Judy mentioned this feature as being able to remove beer
bottles, trash, etc. from your photos. I am attaching two photos showing this
feature. They are not bird photos, but rather are of the Abbey of St. Mary’s in
York, England. I took them with a point and shoot Canon which I carry in my
pocket when I am tired of lugging my Nikon D5000 around. In one photo, you can
see three people and a sign in the original photo. With just a few clicks of
the mouse, the offending portions of the photo are removed. Somewhat amazing
when you consider that my retouching skills are minimal. Those pesky power
lines that appear in our photos are no match for the Spot Healing Brush.

--

Dana Swan at Toccopola, Mississippi.

There are two kinds of men in this world.

Those who can grill and those who think they can grill.     B. Flay.