[missbirdphotos] Re: Green Heron

  • From: Larry Pace <larrypace64@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:10:06 -0700 (PDT)

Great colors Robert.

LP

________________________________
 From: Robert Smith <rsmithent@xxxxxxx>
To: Mississippi Bird Photos Freelists <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:53 PM
Subject: [missbirdphotos] Green Heron

Here is one bird that I've shot in the last couple of weeks - a green heron...

I was on a board walk with a short lens & saw a least bittern that was somewhat
out in the open on the edge of the marsh.  I watched it try to catch a couple
of dragonflies.  I decided that it wasn't worth the trouble of going for the
long lens.  A bit later, I came back by, and it was STILL there!  So, I left my
family to watch it for me, and jogged to the car for a big lens & tripod...

Less than 10 minutes (maybe less than 5) minutes later, I was back & ready.
And, of course, the least bittern was long gone...  So, I accepted this green
heron as a consolation subject...

Robert Smith
rsmithent@xxxxxxx
www.photobiologist.com