[missbird] late Indigo Bunting & FOS Vesper Sparrow

  • From: JR Rigby <jr.rigby@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MISSBIRD <missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 10:12:45 -0600

Missbirders,

Still at least one INDIGO BUNTING hanging around the Sardis Waterfowl
Refuge here in Lafayette Co as of yesterday. I also had a very mousy FOS
VESPER SPARROW there on a windy day last week. The bird was accompanied by
several Savannah Sparrows. They were all keeping to the ground in sparse
grass and would run ahead of me on the ground keeping a buffer of about 30
feet or so. I followed the bird for several minutes hoping to elicit a
vocalization (which came abundantly from the Savannahs) but never did, not
even a flight call when the bird finally flushed.

Good birding,

JR
Oxford