[missbird] Northeast MS Migrants

  • From: Wayne Patterson <wrp6@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Missbird <missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 17:36:25 -0700

Thanks to some nudging by recent posts of Dana Swan and Robert Briscoe I did a
little birding in some small "migrant traps" in Pontotoc and Chickasaw
Counties.  In Pontotoc there was a House Wren and a couple of Magnolia
Warblers.  In Chickasaw county were Blue-headed Vireo, Philadelphia Vireo,
Black-throated Green Warbler and again a couple of Magnolia Warblers. The
Blue-headed Vireo sighting was an early date record for me. This weekend ought
to be good.

Wayne Patterson
Shannon, MS  Lee Co.