[missbird] Dahomey birds

  • From: Larry Pace <larrypace64@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 13:21:01 -0700 (PDT)

A quick drive around Dahomey Refuge this morning yielded a few good birds.
First sighting of Painted buntings (4) on Well Road south of Highway 446 (all
males),  Tons of Indigo Buntings, both male and female.  Barn swallows feeding
over the waterfowl impoundments (south side). The new waterfowl impoundment on
the North side was covered up with Eastern Kingbirds perched over the water and
wreaking havoc on the insect population. I counted three orchard orioles also
on the South side along Well Road.  These birds were all easily observed from
the vehicle. I am trying guys--just can't do the 1. 2. 3. list thing yet.

LP