[mirtoolbox] Problem running the mirtoolbox - Important

  • From: kavita laddha <kavita_lddh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mirtoolbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:24:34 +0530 (IST)

Hello,

I am a student and I am trying to complete my project that is in detecting the
similarity in music. For that purpose I have started using the Matlab tool box
Mirtoolbox. Below are the details of the problem,

 I have recently downloaded the Mirtoolbox1.3.2 on Matlab7 and 64 bit windows
vista machine. I have done all the steps required to bring it in the
development
envioronment which includes setpath in Matlab.

 I have been trying to execute a demo from the Mirtoolboxdemos directory. I
have
taken the demo1pitch.m for that but while running it from the debug menu it
gives me an error as below:
??? Error: File: C:\MATLAB7\toolbox\mirtoolbox1.3.2\mirtoolbox\mireval.m Line:
164 Column: 1
Illegal use of reserved keyword "else".

Error in ==> mirfunction at 69
            o = mireval(o,filename,nout);

Error in ==> miraudio.miraudio at 168
    varargout = mirfunction(@miraudio,orig,varargin,nargout,specif,@init,@main);

Error in ==> demo1pitch at 11
a = miraudio('Amin3')

Also I have tried to execute a sample command from the command window such as
miraudio. The command used is  a=miraudio("Amin3")
Doing this also gives me the error as below:
??? Error: File: C:\MATLAB7\toolbox\mirtoolbox1.3.2\mirtoolbox\mireval.m Line:
164 Column: 1
Illegal use of reserved keyword "else".

Error in ==> mirfunction at 69
            o = mireval(o,filename,nout);

Error in ==> miraudio.miraudio at 168
    varargout = mirfunction(@miraudio,orig,varargin,nargout,specif,@init,@main);

I think both the error point to the miraudio file. But I havent altered it a
bit
also. I am unable to recognize the cause of the problem. Any help in this
respect would be greatly appreciated.

Waiting for your reply.

Thank You,
Kavita Laddha