[mirtoolbox] Output range of miremotion

  • From: Alan Sha (沙政亞) <ads901119@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mirtoolbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:52:20 +0800

Hi,

I was playing with miremotion, and just wondered what is the output range of
that function.
After extract data from the "get(e, 'DimData')" command, I get values in the
range [0, 8].

The figure 1 in the paper "09 [ISMIR] PREDICTION OF MULTIDIMENSIONAL EMOTIONAL
RATINGS IN MUSIC FROM AUDIO USING MULTIVARIATE REGRESSION MODELS" also have
activity, valence and tension value in the range [1, 7].

Is there anyone knows the output range? Or I can just normalize these linearly
to [-1 1] by
dividing (max-min)?
Thanks.

Alan