[mira_talk] unwanted clipping

  • From: <mark.rose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 18:39:59 -0400

I'm experimenting with mira for doing assemblies of Velvet contigs without
quality values.  I saw the warning in the mira reference about attempting this
and so included reverse complements of my contigs as suggested and used the
following command line

mira --project=mira --job=denovo,genome,normal,sanger --fasta COMMON_SETTINGS
-CL:pec=no  SANGER_SETTINGS -LR:wqf=0 -AS:epoq=0 -CL:emlc=0

I've also tried this supplying mira with a fake fasta quality file and using
the following command line

nohup mira --project=mira --job=denovo,genome,normal,sanger --fasta
SANGER_SETTINGS  -CL:emlc=0

While both of these assembled there is still some clipping of the sequence
occurring and at the beginning and end of contigs.  Do you know why and with
what settings I can prevent it?

Thanks much

Mark

message may contain confidential information. If you are not the designated
recipient, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the original and
any copies. Any use of the message by you is prohibited.