[mira_talk] post doc position

  • From: Veljo Kisand <vkisand@xxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:06:42 +0300

Dear list,

so far I have not seen any position announcements here in MIRA list but
since I have some bad experiences with general lists for looking people
on focused positions I hope you are not annoyed by this.

Very informally stating, I am looking for post doc on the area of de
novo bacterial genome assembly and downstream analysis of these data
using NGSs (we use mostly 454), also analysis of metagenomes and bar
coded fingerprint sequences. Good knowledge of linux  environment is
needed, abilities on scripting, programming in linux environment (i.e.
some developmental work of assembling but mostly analysis of genome
data) would be added value.

Position is associated to University of Tartu, Estonia but my feeling is
that most of work could be done even at the place where you are (with
the access to our computers cluster), only commuting frequently to
Estonia is needed. For sure, physical moving to Estonia is most welcome
since the grant involves extra and decent amount of mobility allowance.

When you contact me please include some names for references.

Thanks,

Veljo Kisand
PhD on environmental microbiology