[mira_talk] miraconvert oddity (sam vs samnbb)

  • From: Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 12:22:33 +0000

Hi Bastien,

This is with MIRA 4.0 RC4 on Linux, using a de novo single
strain bacterial assembly, trying to produce a SAM file
(I intend to use the same script on mapping assemblies
where I want a SAM file without the long backbone reads).

This works:

$ miraconvert -f maf -t samnbb de_novo.maf x
$ ls x*
x.sam

This works (although the output filename is a little surprising):

$ rm x*
$ miraconvert -f maf -t samnbb de_novo.maf x.samnbb
$ ls x*
x.sam

Similarly this works:

$ rm x*
$ miraconvert -f maf de_novo.maf x.samnbb
$ ls x*
x.sam

This fails in what seems like a strange way - presumably
something about the outputs via the extension and the
command line clash (samnbb vs sam):

$ rm x*
$ miraconvert -f maf -t samnbb de_novo.maf x.sam
Collecting basic SAM info from MAF file
Sorting read info ... done
Collecting basic SAM info from MAF file
Duplicate: MIRA_c1