[mira_talk] Re: mira_talk Digest V3 #118

  • From: Patricia Carvajal <patriciacarvajal.mxli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 16:51:59 -0600

Hello Bastien,

I'll keep in mind to include more details in the case of any further
questions =)

On regards to your guess, you're right. I do have different strains in my
data.

Best regards,
Pati

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 11:11 PM, FreeLists Mailing List Manager <
ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

mira_talk Digest Tue, 13 Oct 2015 Volume: 03 Issue: 118

In This Issue:
[mira_talk] "Xs" found in EST de novo assemblies
[mira_talk] Re: "Xs" found in EST de novo assemblies
[mira_talk] Re: big transcriptome files too long running
tim

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 00:23:40 -0600
Subject: [mira_talk] "Xs" found in EST de novo assemblies
From: Patricia Carvajal <patriciacarvajal.mxli@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello!!
I have EST, de novo assemblies and I found Xs in my unpadded contigs,
how should those Xs be interpreted in this case?

Please advise.

Best regards,

Pati

------------------------------

Subject: [mira_talk] Re: "Xs" found in EST de novo assemblies
From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 05:56:15 -0400

On 13 Oct 2015, at 2:23 , Patricia Carvajal <
patriciacarvajal.mxli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have EST, de novo assemblies and I found Xs in my unpadded contigs,
how should those Xs be interpreted in this case?
Please advise.

When posting questions like these, it is always helpful to give a tad more
detail on your data and what you actually did. I.e., the manifest file.

Anyway … am I correct in guessing you had several strains in your
assembly? Because MIRA writes X as result only in those cases, and this
denotes a missing coverage for a given strain.

B.

From: "Kapli, Paschalia" <Paschalia.Kapli@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [mira_talk] Re: big transcriptome files too long running time
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 22:45:36 +0000

Dear Bastien,

thank you for this! I did run it for longer and it finished after about a
month.

Best regards,

Paschalia