[mira_talk] Re: mira_talk Digest V3 #112

  • From: Patricia Carvajal <patriciacarvajal.mxli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 08:49:31 -0600

Thank you Bastien!!

I do have in mind the quality file necesity and its benefits on the
assembly, but this is one of those* very rare occations* where no qualities
are available.

Best regards,
Pati

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 11:10 PM, FreeLists Mailing List Manager <
ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

mira_talk Digest Tue, 06 Oct 2015 Volume: 03 Issue: 112

In This Issue:
[mira_talk] Re: Not finding HAsh Frequency tag colours in
[mira_talk] Re: Assembling with no quality file. System
requ

Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 09:16:38 -0500
Subject: [mira_talk] Re: Not finding HAsh Frequency tag colours in
From: Chris Hoefler <hoeflerb@xxxxxxxxx>

You need to update the gap5 tag file with the Mira tags.
cat {MIRA_PREFIX}/support/GTAGDB >> {STADEN_PREFIX}/share/staden/etc/GTAGDB

You will likely need administrator access to do this. Restart gap5 and you
should see all of the Mira tags.

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 11:47 PM, Rameez Mj <rameez03online@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I did an assembly with a manifest file which start like this

Project = 1247
Job = genome,denovo,accurate
parameters = -GE:not=4
parameters = -NW:cac=warn

I made a gap5 database from CAF output file. But there is no colour tag
available in gap5.All reads appear in a purple colour throughout the
sequence. What is happening should I invoke mira to tag wile assebly
separately?

--
Chris Hoefler, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Associate

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 10:18:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [mira_talk] Re: Assembling with no quality file. System requesting

On October 6, 2015 at 12:40 AM Patricia Carvajal
<patriciacarvajal.mxli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm trying to de novo assembly a set of mRNA sequences of a fasta (.fa)
file,
there's no quality file on these sequences.

Per the assembly manaual the input file is a .fa file, the
--noqualities and
-CL:pec=false parameters
are stated in the manifest file as well as a default_qual=30.
[...]
Here's the error I'm getting...

* FASTA quality file expected to exist, but no quality filename given???
Refer *

*
*

http://mira-assembler.sourceforge.net/docs/DefinitiveGuideToMIRA.html#sect_ref_manifest_readgroups*
* on how to load FASTA data without corresponding quality files.

There is a last security fence of MIRA (which is described in a somewhat
hidden
manner in the manual) trying to prevent you from doing something foolish or
going on when not all data is present: a FASTA file with the postfix
".fasta"
(or".fa") is expected to have a quality file present (named ".fasta.qual"
or
".fa.qual").

This check is not performed when reading FASTA files with a ".fna" postfix
or if
you force MIRA to treat a .fasta file as .fna file, the latter can be done
by
this:

data = fna::/cqd-dir/Cqd-mRNAs.fa

Regarding assembling without quality values, my usual warnings still apply:
simply don't do it. The longer version of this:

http://mira-assembler.sourceforge.net/docs/DefinitiveGuideToMIRA.html#sect_ref_never_without_quality_values

B.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 10:23:59 -0400 (EDT)
From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On October 6, 2015 at 12:47 AM Rameez Mj <rameez03online@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I made a gap5 database from CAF output file. But there is no colour tag
available in gap5.
All reads appear in a purple colour throughout the sequence. What is
happening
should I invoke
mira to tag wile assebly separately?

You need to teach gap4/gap5 the tags MIRA is using. You will find a file
GTAGDB
in the "support" directory of MIRA. Append the content of this file to the
GTAGDB file of the Staden gap4 or gap5 distribution you are using. For
gap5,
this file is located in

$STADENROOT/share/staden/etc

where $STADENROOT is the installation directory of your staden
distribution.

B.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 09:43:57 +0530
From: Rameez Mj <rameez03online@xxxxxxxxx>

I am getting hash tags in contig editer but no colour code is available.
Sequence having all kinds of tags have same colour. Thanks Hoefler for your
suggestion I may need it in future cases.

Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 09:59:21 +0530
From: Rameez Mj <rameez03online@xxxxxxxxx>

Ok Thank you Chevreux for the explanation. I will try this. I started using
gap5 to find internal joints. How to decide if I join two contigs or not. I
am attaching some screen shots please give me your suggestion about joining
in those cases. In case 4, one side of overlap is clean and clear(case4.1)
but other side of overlap is having so many mismatches(case4.2). What I did
in case 4 was split the contigs from where the mismatch starts. In some
cases of mismatches one consensus have low base confidence(11) compared to
other consensus(126) can I accept the base from second consensus and join
the contigs?. Please share your much valued opinion and suggestion in this.

wrote:
I made a gap5 database from CAF output file. But there is no colour
tag
available in gap5.
All reads appear in a purple colour throughout the sequence. What is
happening
should I invoke
mira to tag wile assebly separately?

You need to teach gap4/gap5 the tags MIRA is using. You will find a file
GTAGDB
in the "support" directory of MIRA. Append the content of this file to
the
GTAGDB file of the Staden gap4 or gap5 distribution you are using. For
gap5,
this file is located in

$STADENROOT/share/staden/etc

where $STADENROOT is the installation directory of your staden
distribution.

You have received this mail because you are subscribed to the mira_talk

Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 10:10:19 +0530
From: Rameez Mj <rameez03online@xxxxxxxxx>

Thank you very much Hoefler and Chevreux for helping .Now I am getting the
colour assisted hash tags.

Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 10:12:29 +0530
From: Rameez Mj <rameez03online@xxxxxxxxx>

wrote:
[...]