[mira_talk] Re: mac os binary?

  • From: Peter Stockwell <peter.stockwell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "<mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 21:04:01 +0000

Sure, but any account created on MacOS X (10.6.x anyhow) with administrative
access can do the complete build in the user's own area then do

sudo make install

at the end to put the binaries/libraries into
the default /usr/local destination.

None of which is too threatening at the system level.

Such an installation can then be invoked by appropriate
definitions at ./configure time.

Cheers
Peter Stockwell