[mira_talk] convert_project, again

  • From: Stefano Ghignone <stefano.ghignone@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 17:55:53 +0100

Hi everybody,
I went through the mailing list archive searching for information about the convert_project usage, but I didn't find any that fits my case. So sorry if I treat again convert_project.

After the assembly step (which was actually a mapping, made with MIRA v.2.9.37) of my hybrid Sanger/454 data, I checked that I was able to successfully get a 4x filter on contigs using convert_project. I also obtained the same output from MIRA as ACE file (since I use consed for editing).

Now, after having DEEPLY edited the ace file with consed, I wanted to apply again the 4x coverage filter, but I found out that convert_project works only on CAF file. OK. So, I got from sanger institute the phrap2caf script, which is supposed to convert an ace-file output to the CAF format.

Unfortunately, the CAF output layout from phrap2caf is different from the CAF layout produced by MIRA, and the convert_project doesn't work on it.

Is there anyone aware of a good tool to convert an ACE file to a CAF file suitable to convert_project?

thanks a lot for your kind attention.
Cheers,
stefano

--
Dr. Stefano Ghignone
Istituto per la Protezione delle Piante, Sez. Torino - CNR

http://www.bioveg.unito.it