[mira_talk] Re: Strange mapping results

  • From: Lionel Guy <guy.lionel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:41:27 +0200

On 2 Jul 2010, at 19:43 , Bastien Chevreux wrote:

To be honest, I don't have a really good solution for that (and I tried quite a lot). Fortunately, 36mers are a thing of the past, 75 and 100mers take over
and there the problem is much less pronounced.

But the question is not only in the alignment, IMHO, but also in the way MIRA calculates the consensus: in that very case, I have 8 solexa reads saying "A", 30-40 454 reads and a good 50-100 solexa reads that say "*", and the consensus is called as "A", which sounds really weird to me. Could it be that these few solexa reads that end by one base screw the majority rule applied by mira?

The STMS tag reads: "Solved vote: / sxa (1) A 41 is in ", whereas there are not 41 solexa reads that say A, only 8...

Lionel