[mira_talk] Re: Solexa seq assembly

  • From: Jeremiah Davie <jdavie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 15:15:47 -0400

Raja,
Whenever I see that error, it is because I made a typo in naming the files or in the project name. Double-check the names and then double check the naming of the files to ensure they are consistent with the naming in the manual. That generally solves 99% of those errors; if it doesn't, then I'd double check my data to make sure it was formatted appropriately (I've never had a reason to work with fastq, but I understand there are several different versions depending on the age of the Solexa platform and each is just slightly different....... anyone else care to confirm that?). I *believe* the latest version of MIRA handles all versions, but I've yet to look into it in detail as I don't currently have any Solexa/Illumina data. I hope this helps! - Jeremiah

On Mar 29, 2010, at 11:09 AM, Ragupathy, Raja wrote:

Dear all,

I just started working with Mira. When I want to do denovo genome assembly of solexa short reads (fastq files), MIRA gives the error message-‘program aborted due to error in input data or parametrisation.

Could you please advice?

Thanks,
Raja

Raja Ragupathy PhD,