[mira_talk] RE Re: highly polymorphic species EST assembly

  • From: Jorge.DUARTE@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 08:37:39 +0100

Hi Bastien,

> On Thursday 13 January 2011 12:43:03 Jorge.DUARTE@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Problem is, it is difficult to tune the parameters with such long
assembly
> > times... (1st pass was completed in one week for default parameters,
and i
> > had to kill the process because of a shut down of our server for
> > maintainance)
>
> I am a bit surprised that 450k reads need 1 week for a first pass. May I
have
> the output log to see what takes so long? I'd guess that there are
acouple of
> very highly expressed transcripts.

I am not assembling 450000 reads but 8 times 4500000, so arround 3.6M 454
titanium reads when puting all strains together.

I don't have access to the log file as my server is down at the moment,
but i'll send it to you as soon as i can.

Do you want the entire file, or let's say the 10000 first lines would be
enough ?

thanks

jorge.