[mira_talk] Re: Message "Failure, wrapped MIRA process aborted."

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 12:59:58 +0100 (CET)

> On November 14, 2013 at 12:22 PM Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I presume from the discussion here
> http://sourceforge.net/p/mira-assembler/tickets/6/?limit=25
> that "Failure, wrapped MIRA process aborted." is just a way of
> the operating system (or in this case maybe SGE) killing MIRA?

Probably. The only way to know for sure is when having stderr also redirected to
a file (or even the same file) as stdout, because the OS normally gives a short
on-line reason there. Of course one is SOL if stderr was not redirected because
I have no idea if it is possible to check by return code whether the killing was
done by the OS or not.

B.

PS: just out of curiosity, could you send me the complete log of the failed run
and one of its siblings which succeeded? I'd like to see whether I can find some
heuristics which warn the user early.