[mira_talk] Re: Merging contigs with mate-pair data ...

  • From: "Martin A. Hansen" <mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 20:41:21 +0200

Hello Bastien and welcome back.

It surprises me that MIRA does not stitch - are you aware of any other
software that does? I shall try MIRA with a full de-novo assembly - but I
fear the memory consumption (I may try to sample a few hundred thousands of
the Solexa reads to limit the memory consumption, and hope that there is
enough information to close the gaps). Can I use the assembled 454 contigs
as really really long sanger reads in a de-novo assembly?

The reason why I used the FASTA entries was so that I could easily select
contigs above 500 bp in length (there is no switch for that as far as I can
tell?). I didnt want MIRA stitching together the smaller - probably
non-sense - stuff. Well, that was not a problem since there was no stiching
at all :o/

Martin