[mira_talk] Re: Mapping a sequence with MIRA

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:20:53 +0100

On Montag 15 März 2010 Federico Sanchez wrote:
> Thanks for all the help, I got it at the end it was the
> backbone_in.fasta.qual that needed to be in the exact same format as the
> quality files for the regular quality files of the fasta sequences.

Well, you got it, but in the most complicated way possible if you created a
file.

MIRA tells you:

> " Could not find FASTA quality file 454_muestra2_backbone_in.fasta.qual,
> using default values for these reads.

... and it does not stop. Meaning it's not an error. MIRA always *tries* to
load qualities for the backbone. But unlike for normal reads, it does not stop
when there are none. It simply uses the defaults and tells you that. That's
all.

Don't waste your disk space, using -SB:bbq is entirely sufficient for your
needs.

BTW, I'd recommend using a backbone quality of 30 or 40 at most.