[mira_talk] Re: Internal error: from + len > size of contig?

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 20:05:05 +0200
On 17 Sep 2014, at 16:56 , Marine Veyssiere <Marine.Veyssiere@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I got this bug after 2 days of running:
> Internal logic/programming/debugging error (sigh this should not have
> happened)
> from + len > size of contig? *
> ->Thrown: void Contig::updateCountVectors(const int32 from, const int32 len,
> vector<char>::const_iterator updateI, const uint32 seqtype, const bool
> addiftrue, int32 coveragemultiplier)
> ->Caught: main

That … definitely sucks. You seem to have hit a bug in a part of MIRA which
should be bug free by now.

Now, *before* you do anything else: is there a file called something like
“*donotdelete*” which MIRA should have created? If yes, please zip it and send
it to me via mail.

Only then, please try resuming the assembly via “mira -r …” as there is a
slight chance that the bug may not occur then.

> Could it be a RAM limitation or is it due to my datas?

No, the only possible explanation apart a bug in MIRA would be faulty RAM. Do
you know whether you have ECC RAM? (please ask the sysadmin if you do not know)