[mira_talk] Re: High coverage data set, RAM limitations, subsampling.

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 18:40:40 +0200

On May 10, 2013, at 18:35 , Felipe Gajardo <felipe.gajardo.e@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Does know MIRA that some reads are mate-paired if not having the traceinfo
> > file?
> Yes, traceinfo file is not used for that. Read-naming is important.
> But how knows MIRA the span between the mate reads? or the span is not
> essential for the assembly process?

Ah, this you did not ask :-) For that the traceinfo is indeed needed. But as
John said: you can just take a subset of reads but still load the whole
traceinfo file … I've been in the very same situation often enough in the past
few years for having MIRA handle this gracefully.

And I would like to nudge you once again towards the 3.9.x versions of MIRA
where the necessity for traceinfo files has disappeared completely.