[mira_talk] Help with the Mira 3.9.16 installation with Boost library on Mac osx

  • From: Austen Chen <austen.chen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 13:47:06 +0000

Dear all,

I was trying to install Mira 3.9.16 on my Mac osx 10.8.3. Then I realised that
I also needed to install the Boost library. After searching on the MIRA_talk  I
found the following instructions (see below) and I was following that
instructions using the latest version of boost_1_53_0. however i was getting
this error from the MIRA configure script:

checking whether the Boost::Filesystem library is available... yes
configure: error: Could not link against boost_system !

I then added system to
./bootstrap.sh --with-libraries=thread,regex, system

but still got the same error.

I then added filesystem to
./bootstrap.sh --with-libraries=thread,regex, system, filesystem

But still could not get it to work. Maybe Mira 3.9.16 requires more components
installed? But how many more?

I was wondering if anyone could update the instructions of the boost library
for this latest version of MIRA?

Thank you so much in advance

Aus

(02-15-2011) Just a note for anyone using my instructions above, they've been
fine for me up to and including MIRA 3.2.0.

As of MIRA 3.2.1 you'll also need the BOOST regex library - I was getting this
error from the MIRA configure script:
Code:

checking whether the Boost::Regex library is available... yes
configure: error: Could not link against boost_thread !

So, install BOOST again (I tried with BOOST 1.42.0 initially since I already
had that, then again with the latest release, BOOST 1.45.0) but with regex this
time:
Code:

cd boost_1_45_0
./bootstrap.sh --with-libraries=thread,regex
./bjam
./bjam install --prefix=$HOME

Then:
Code: