[mira_talk] 5' trimming of partial adapters

  • From: Robert Bruccoleri <bruc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 18:00:11 -0400

In some of the genome assembly projects that I'm working on, I see an uneven GC content at the beginning (first 10 bases) of my reads. Since the library preparation is expected to be unbiased, uneven GC content suggests that there is a contaminant sequence at the beginning of some of my reads.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that the contaminant sequence is a short subsequence of an adapter, but it's too short to identify by sequence similarity. Does anyone have any ideas about how to handle the problem besides trimming the 5' end? Does the option -CL:possible_vector_leftover_clip handle this type of problem?

Thanks. --Bob

begin:vcard
fn:Robert Bruccoleri
n:Bruccoleri;Robert
org:Audacious Energy, LLC and Congenomics, LLC
adr:;;;;;;USA
email;internet:bruc@xxxxxxx
title:President
version:2.1