[mira_announce] Request for testing: V3.1.6 - fixing out of memory / extension of memory errors

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 16:14:35 +0200

Dear all,

V3.0.3 introduced some checking code to hunt down unexpected extension of
memory usage which had been reported previously. Sure enough, this soon
started to show by an increase of error reports.

I think I have found the source(s) of the problem, at least the data sets sent
to me which I used to reproduce it now run through. There's a 64 bit binary
for testing available at

  http:/www.chevreux.org/tmp/mira_3.1.6_dev_linux-gnu_x86_64_static.tar.bz2

All users who had unexpected out of memory errors or the message

  "Would extend memory of AS_skim_edges? Shouldn't be ..."

should try out this new version and please tell whether that particular
problem is gone.

Please note that this version is from the development tree and contains a
number of other changes which are not documented yet, though I don't think
they should affect current users of MIRA and things should run through pretty
smoothly.

Regards,
  Bastien