[mira_announce] MIRA 3.9.8

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 18:48:56 +0100

Dear all,

I have just released the development version MIRA 3.9.8 at SourceForge:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/mira-assembler/files/MIRA/development/

This release fixes all bugs and quirks of the assembly engine which were
reported to me in the past few weeks. I've used and tested it on genome
assemblies (454, Ion, Illumina) and RNASeq (up to 90m reads) and expect it to
be quite stable.

Feedback welcome.

Have fun with MIRA,
  Bastien

dev3.9.8
--------
- bugfix: on machines with heavy load, some files and directories sometimes
  failed to be deleted. Fixed.
- bugfix: mapping of Illumina at contig ends sometimes failed (since 3.9.6)
- bugfix: error causing "gaaah, had doubles" in de-novo assemblies of genomes
  fixed.
- small runtime improvement: some unnecessary steps in the overlap graph
  traversal are now dynamically left out.
- convert_project: new option -S (currently only for Illumina data)
- convert_project: reactivated -i
- unnecessary debug files are now not written anymore to the tmp directory
- new -MI:ef2 flag for switching off experimental code