[minima] Re: looking for HF1

  • From: DuWayne Schmidlkofer <duwayne@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 20:15:28 -0400

I have been looking into the issue of using all 3 clock outputs of the si5351. The crosstalk is caused by all 3 output clocks on the same chip substrate. Using analog amplifiers and balun transformers just amplifies the cross talk. I want to try some digital circuitry to try and reduce it. Just ordered some NC7SZ04M5X single channel UHS inverters. Hopefully with having a separate inverter as a buffer for each clock I can eliminate most of the crosstalk. As for the DBM, if you use some of the SMD diode pairs you can improve matching and reduce size. Also switch to Schottky diodes instead of the silicon 4148s I see in many designs will reduce the amount of drive needed for the DBM The SBL1 and ADE1 DBM use Schottky diodes Should not bee too hard to layout a small board with the SBl-1 footprint that you can build a homebrew DBM and just plug it in the same board location
DuWayne
KV4QB.blogspot.com

On 6/1/2016 6:45 PM, Ben Aupperlee wrote:

Hello Ashhar,

I had some exchange of idears about SMD and modules, so here a new
version with a new drawing, the old .gif is also used in this temp.htm text.

Regards Ben PA9B (in Turkije)