[minima] Re: RFC Inductors

  • From: allison <ajp166@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 17:14:40 -0500

Ok, I'm baffeld.

I find no RFC before T2 in any version of minima I can find a schematic of.

Near T3 in the detector there is a RFC however.  For that choke the key
feature is to have
low loss core and self resonant frequency higher than 20mhz (IF
frequency).  That makes it
a fairly non-critical part.  SMT parts should work if they meet the above.

For the breadboard I'm building I used 8 turns of #28 on a FT23-43 has I
have a few.
The value there is not critical as its reactance should be about 10X 50
ohms or 500ohms.
8 Turns on that core is about 1200ohms reactance with minimal capacitance.

Allison/KB1GMX